I think that it might be cool to share some things that have been inspiring me this week. Enjoy the videos, art, links, and thoughts!
- A response to the protection minded from a pastor of a church reaching more than one generation with the hope and rescue of Jesus. This video amps me up…every single time I watch it. Favorite line: are you going to criticize or create?
- This post from a friend…a well articulated point of view about politics and Jesus followers. As a follower of Christ, I struggle with identifying with a specific political party…especially in today’s political arena. I wonder what would happen if the followers of Jesus sought to promote and live Kingdom ethics rather than to vote them (or ban them) from legislation.
- This song from a night of worship at Elevation Church. Lyrically, it’s a beast…musically it’s creative…but, the response it generates displays it’s true worth. We unite for Your kingdom’s cause.
- This post from Seth Godin on small, necessary actions and decisions. Not everything you do will draw a crowd, illicit a response, or call to action. But…if you’re trying to reach the masses, the small and un-noticed decisions and creations become important pieces in the big picture. What you do matters.
- This passage: “Every child of God defeats this evil world. And we achieve the victory through our faith in Jesus.” (1 John 4:5). The lie: God wants Christians to remove themselves from their culture, cast judgments, and wait for heaven. The truth: The way of Jesus calls us to a life that is above and beyond the systems of this world which seek to oppress, break down, and destroy. Faith isn’t a stance, it’s a trajectory. See more thoughts regarding this here.
- And, finally…some Mumford and Sons. You just can’t enjoy a Friday without some of their music.